Chicago’s journey advisory is ready for an replace Tuesday after the town famous in final week’s steering that two states might quickly fall off the listing if their metrics proceed to say no.
Final week, the advisory was up to date to incorporate each U.S. state, making Vermont the ultimate location to be added to the “orange” class on the town’s warning listing, which recommends unvaccinated vacationers from such places check unfavorable for COVID-19 and quarantine.
In its replace, nonetheless, metropolis officers famous that two states – New Hampshire and Connecticut – in addition to the District of Columbia, noticed their case charges fall beneath that threshold as of Wednesday, however they weren’t but faraway from the advisory.
“If these states keep these improved case charges, they are going to be faraway from the Journey Advisory subsequent Tuesday,” the town stated in its launch. “States are faraway from the Journey Advisory once they keep a COVID case price beneath 15 per 100,000 residents in two consecutive weeks.”
States are added to the advisory’s “orange listing” when COVID metrics rise above the edge of 15 instances per day per 100,000 folks. Any beneath that mark are on the “yellow” listing, with public well being officers nonetheless warning in opposition to non-essential journey.
Simply earlier than the Labor Day, the town additionally up to date its steering for what unvaccinated vacationers visiting or coming back from such places ought to do, including new testing and quarantining suggestions earlier than and after journey.
Nonetheless, well being officers urged unvaccinated folks to not journey as instances proceed to surge throughout the nation.
“As a reminder, given the present surge throughout the nation, unvaccinated Chicagoans mustn’t journey proper now if in any respect potential,” Chicago Division of Public Well being Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady stated in a press release final week. “Getting vaccinated is a very powerful factor you are able to do to lower your danger for COVID-19.”
In response to the town, earlier than journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined 3-5 days previous to departure.
- ALL people no matter vaccination standing ought to put on a masks on planes, buses, trains, and different types of public transportation touring into, inside, or out of america and whereas indoors at U.S. transportation hubs corresponding to airports and stations.
- In Chicago, put on a masks in all indoor public settings, no matter vaccination standing.
- Keep away from crowds, attempt to keep not less than 6 toes/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who will not be touring with you, and wash your palms usually or use hand sanitizer (with not less than 60% alcohol).
After journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined with a viral check 3-5 days after journey AND keep dwelling and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- Even for those who check unfavorable, keep dwelling and self-quarantine for the total 7 days.
- In case your check is constructive, isolate your self to guard others from getting contaminated.
- Should you don’t get examined, keep dwelling and self-quarantine for 10 days after journey.
- Keep away from being round people who find themselves at elevated danger for extreme sickness for 14 days, whether or not you get examined or not.
Town suggested all vacationers to observe themselves for COVID-19 signs and isolate and get examined in the event that they develop any after journey.
“We’ve got seen and know that journey is a big danger issue for buying COVID,” Arwady stated. “Should you resolve to not get examined, the advice is definitely to remain dwelling and self quarantine for 10 days after journey, and it’s best to keep away from being round anyone who has an elevated danger for extreme COVID outcomes for 14 days after journey no matter whether or not you get examined or not. Clearly we wish anyone who’s touring to self monitor for COVID signs and get examined for those who develop signs.”
This week’s replace to the journey advisory comes at a time when the typical every day variety of new instances in Chicago is all the way down to 433 per day – a ten% lower over the earlier week, in keeping with metropolis information Tuesday.
That determine remains to be greater than 12 occasions the low of 34 that the town noticed in late June however stays decrease than the greater than 700 instances per day the town was seeing throughout the latest surge earlier this 12 months.
Hospitalizations in Chicago are down 30% from the earlier week and deaths are flat from the week prior, per the town’s information. The positivity price in testing is down to three.7% this week, a drop from 4.2% within the final week.
Arwady famous final month that about 99% of recent COVID instances, hospitalizations and deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.
States and Territories on the advisory embrace: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
The journey advisory might be up to date each Tuesday, with any modifications taking impact the next Friday.