Chicago’s journey advisory is ready for an replace Tuesday, one week after the town eliminated Connecticut and the District of Columbia from its checklist.
The elimination of the state and territory marked the one two areas to be taken off the town’s journey warning checklist, which recommends unvaccinated vacationers from such areas take a look at damaging for COVID-19 and quarantine.
Beforehand, the advisory was up to date to incorporate each U.S. state.
“I am blissful to say that we do have two states, properly technically one state – Connecticut, after which D.C., Washington D.C. – which have now come off the journey advisory,” Chicago Division of Public Well being Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady mentioned throughout a Fb Dwell final week. “So the remainder of the nation continues to be on, nevertheless it’s good to see a bit little bit of progress. Connecticut is without doubt one of the most vaccinated areas, and so hopefully we’ll proceed to see states flip yellow on this map.”
States are added to the advisory’s “orange checklist” when COVID metrics rise above the brink of 15 circumstances per day per 100,000 individuals. Any beneath that mark are on the “yellow” checklist, with public well being officers nonetheless warning in opposition to non-essential journey.
States and territories at present on the advisory embrace: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Simply earlier than the Labor Day, the town additionally up to date its steering for what unvaccinated vacationers visiting or coming back from such areas ought to do, including new testing and quarantining suggestions earlier than and after journey.
In keeping with the town, earlier than journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined 3-5 days previous to departure.
- ALL people no matter vaccination standing ought to put on a masks on planes, buses, trains, and different types of public transportation touring into, inside, or out of the USA and whereas indoors at U.S. transportation hubs corresponding to airports and stations.
- In Chicago, put on a masks in all indoor public settings, no matter vaccination standing.
- Keep away from crowds, attempt to keep at the very least 6 toes/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who will not be touring with you, and wash your palms usually or use hand sanitizer (with at the very least 60% alcohol).
After journey, unvaccinated people ought to:
- Get examined with a viral take a look at 3-5 days after journey AND keep residence and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- Even if you happen to take a look at damaging, keep residence and self-quarantine for the complete 7 days.
- In case your take a look at is optimistic, isolate your self to guard others from getting contaminated.
- For those who don’t get examined, keep residence and self-quarantine for 10 days after journey.
- Keep away from being round people who find themselves at elevated danger for extreme sickness for 14 days, whether or not you get examined or not.
Town suggested all vacationers to observe themselves for COVID-19 signs and isolate and get examined in the event that they develop any after journey.
“We’ve seen and know that journey is a big danger issue for buying COVID,” Arwady mentioned. “For those who resolve to not get examined, the advice is definitely to remain residence and self quarantine for 10 days after journey, and it’s best to keep away from being round anyone who has an elevated danger for extreme COVID outcomes for 14 days after journey no matter whether or not you get examined or not. Clearly we would like anyone who’s touring to self monitor for COVID signs and get examined if you happen to develop signs.”
This week’s replace to the journey advisory comes at a time when the typical each day variety of new circumstances in Chicago is right down to 414 per day – an 8% lower over the earlier week, in keeping with metropolis information Tuesday.
That determine continues to be greater than 12 instances the low of 34 that the town noticed in late June however stays decrease than the greater than 700 circumstances per day the town was seeing throughout the newest surge earlier this 12 months.
Hospitalizations in Chicago are down 50% from the earlier week and deaths dropped 3% from the week prior, per the town’s information. The positivity charge in testing is down to three% this week, a drop from 3.7% within the final week.
Arwady famous final month that about 99% of recent COVID circumstances, hospitalizations and deaths are amongst unvaccinated people.
The journey advisory will probably be up to date each Tuesday, with any adjustments taking impact the next Friday.